Last Updated: August 19, 2015
Citi Social Media Terms
Welcome! Citi and its affiliates are pleased to participate in social media through Pages that are maintained by us and hosted on many different social media services, including our Page hosted on VIVOOM. By using any Page, you are agreeing to these Social Media Terms.
1. Don’t Disclose Personal Information on the Pages. Never disclose account or other financial or personal information, whether related to you or any other person, in connection with the Pages. We will never ask for your account information, social security number or any other sensitive information through social media.
2. Be Respectful and Don’t Violate the Rights of Others. Please help us maintain a respectful atmosphere on the Pages. You may not post any material that is: (a) threatening, harassing or otherwise disrespectful; (b) unsubstantiated, false, defamatory or fraudulent; (c) obscene, indecent, profane, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable; (d) a promotion, advertisement, solicitation, or offer to buy or sell any product or service; (e) infringing or violating any copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, right of privacy or other proprietary right including any songs, lyrics or recordings; (f) violating any confidentiality or other contractual or fiduciary obligation; (g) intended to harm or disrupt any software, hardware or network; (h) intended to affect trading in any security or other financial instrument; (i) otherwise tortious or illegal; or (j) unrelated to the topics presented by us on the Page.
We may, in our discretion, moderate or remove any material, report any misconduct and the surrounding circumstances to the authorities, and take any appropriate action against any user whom we believe has violated these Social Media Terms, including by repeatedly engaging in copyright infringement.
3. Use Our Material Appropriately. The Pages contain material owned by us. Subject to these Social Media Terms, you may view such material solely for your personal, non-commercial use. All other rights in the Pages are expressly reserved by us. You may not copy, scrape, reverse-engineer, modify, mirror, distribute or publicly display the Pages, remove any proprietary notices from the Pages, or use the Pages for any commercial purpose. You must cease using the Pages if you violate these Social Media Terms, or upon request by us.
4. Our License to Use Your Material. If you submit any material in connection with a Page or any promotional hashtag designated by us, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sublicensable (through multiple tiers) and transferable license to reproduce, distribute, perform and display (publicly or otherwise), create derivative works of, adapt, modify and otherwise retain, analyze, use and exploit such material in any format or media now known or hereafter developed, and for any purpose, including promotional purposes such as testimonials. You represent that you have the right to grant this license, and you acknowledge that we will not have any confidentiality or fiduciary obligations with respect to any such material.
5. Disclaimers. The Pages are made available “As Is” without any representations or warranties of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory. We will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or punitive damages, even if advised in advance of their possibility; for any damages resulting from third-party materials; or for any damages whatsoever exceeding the total amount, if any, paid by you to us to use the Pages.
6. Important Reminders. Nothing available through any Page is an offer to sell, or a solicitation of any offer to buy, any financial products of Citi or any other issuer or company, nor should any such material be used as the basis of any investment or financial decision, or construed as advice, or as necessarily reflecting our opinions or positions. While we try to make the Pages timely, we do not guarantee that the Pages will remain updated, complete or correct. The Pages are published in the United States and directed at United States residents.. Although the Pages may contain material regarding products or services that are only available in certain jurisdictions, we do not intend to make the Pages, or any product or service, available in any jurisdiction where prohibited by law. You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws.
7. Reporting Copyright Complaints. If you believe in good faith that material available on a Page infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send to us a written notice, requesting that we remove such material or block access to it. Notices must meet the statutory requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Notices must be sent in writing to Edward E. Niehoff, as follows: by mail to Edward E. Niehoff, General Counsel, Operations & Technology, Citigroup Inc., One Court Square, 45th Floor, Long Island City, New York 11120; by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; or by fax to 718-248-2720. Mr. Niehoff’s phone number is 718-248-2606.
The contact information above is only for notices of alleged copyright infringement; we cannot respond to other inquiries sent to these addresses. Although not required, we recommend that you send any notices by both fax and e-mail, with the subject line: Notice of Alleged Service Provider Infringement.
8. Changes to the Pages and these Social Media Terms. We may change, remove or limit access to any Page at any time, without notice or liability. We may also change these Social Media Terms at any time by posting an update or otherwise providing reasonable notice to you; if you then continue to use any Page, you are agreeing that your further use of the Pages is subject to the updated Social Media Terms.
9. Miscellaneous. These Social Media Terms are in addition to — and do not replace, modify or expand — any other agreement between you and us, including any agreements regarding our websites , apps, products or services, which may include a binding arbitration agreement. Unless provided otherwise by any such other agreement, your relationship with us with respect to these Social Media Terms will be governed by the laws of New York, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions, and any claims between us relating to the Page or these Social Media Terms will be resolved by a court located in New York County, New York, and any such claims will be resolved without resort to any form of class action. If you are using a Page on behalf of an organization, you are also agreeing to these Social Media Terms on behalf of the organization. You affirm that you are of legal age to agree to these Social Media Terms, or that your parent or guardian has consented on your behalf.
If you have any questions about these Social Media Terms, please contact email@example.com.